An assoc. was organized 1866 St. Louis, Missouri, to est. a high school, which opened 1867 and was divided into Höhere Bürgerschule and Höhere Töchterschule; it was called Conc. Academy 1880, Lutheran High School 1881; a classic course was added to the academic course, coeduc. endorsed, and name changed to Walther-Coll. 1888; discontinued 1917. See also Graebner, August(us) Lawrence; Graebner, Theodore Conrad; Lutheran ChurchMissouri Synod, The, VI 7.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission