Watertown, Wisconsin Est. 1865 by the Wisconsin* Syn.; connected with Wisconsin* Luth. Sem.; the 1st pub. announcement of its opening called it The Lutheran College in Watertown. The 2d announcement, 3 mo. later, called it Wisconsin University and Grammar School. The name Wisconsin University was adopted, but the 1867 charter called it Northwestern University. Called Northwestern Coll. since 1910. See also Ministry, Education of, VIII B.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission