(180075). B. Saint-Flour, near Orléans, Fr.; RC priest Puiseaux, in the diocese of Orléans, 182433; to Paris 1833; founded pub. house; began ed. large collection of religious texts and encyclopedias; esp. significant: MPL, Lat. ecclesiastical writings up to 1216 (217 vols. text; 4 vols. indexes); MPG, Gk. ecclesiastical writings to ca. 1438 (161 vols. Gk. text with Lat. tr., and 81 vols. of the Lat. text only of Gk. fathers). Supplement vols. to MPL began to appear 1958, ed. A. Hamman. lndexes to MPG have appeared, ed. D. Scolarios (1879), F. Cavallera (1912), T. Hopfner (1928, 1936).
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online