(Ev. Luth. Syn. of Miami). Named after the valley of the Great and Little Miami Rivers. Organized October 16, 1844, at Xenia, Ohio, under leadership of E. Keller*; joined Gen. Syn. 1845 (see General Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the United States of America, The), ULC 1918; merged November 1920 with the Dist. Syn. of Ohio (formerly of the Gen. Council [see General Council of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in (North) America]), the East Ohio Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch., and the Wittenberg* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. of Ohio (of the Gen. Syn.) into the Syn. of Ohio of the ULC See also United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 8, 19.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission