Organized October 27, 1855, at Columbia City, Indiana, by former mems. of the Olive Branch Syn. (see United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 8) and Wittenberg* Syn. Its territory included Michigan It united with The General* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. in the US of Am. 1857 and with it entered the ULC 1918. In 1920 it helped organize the Mich. Syn. of the ULC (see United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 12). At the time of this merger it numbered 53 pastors, 77 congs., and ca. 9,415 confirmed mems.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission