Kenosha, Wisconsin Beginnings date to a school opened 1847 at Hillsboro, Illinois, by the Ev. Luth. Syn. of N Illinois*; moved to Springfield, Illinois, as Illinois* State U. 1852; closed as a result of Civil War; reest. as Carthage Coll. 1869/70 at Carthage, Illinois, by the Ev. Luth. Syn. of Cen. Illinois,* the Ev. Luth. Syn. of N Illinois,* and the Ev. Luth. Syn. of Iowa (see United Lutheran Church in America The, Synods of, 9); 2d campus est. at Kenosha, Wisconsin 1961/62; Carthage, Illinois, campus closed 1964. See also General Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in the United States of America, The, 8; Lutheran Church in America, V; Ministry, Education of, VIII B. 6.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission