Benedictine abbey, SW Ger., on N bank of Danube ca. 8 mi. NE of Tuttlingen. Originally est. as monastery for Augustinian Canons. Given to the brothers Maurus (182590) and Placidus (18281908) Wolter by Princess Katharina von Hohenzollern 1863; constituted an abbey 1868. Known for work in liturgical reform. Home of Palimpsest Institute.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission