Prot. (Ref.; Huguenot) school in W Fr.; founded in the 1590s or early in the 17th c. under leadership of P. de Mornay.* Strongly influenced Ref. orthodoxy in the 17th c. Closed 1685 with revocation of the Edict of Nantes.* See also Amyraut, Moïse; Burgersdyk, Francis; Cameron, John (ca. 15791625; Cappel, Louis; Gomarus, Francis(cus); Place, Josué de la.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online