(United Ch. of Christ). Est. 1857 by delegates from Cong. chs. in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, and Wisconsin; inc. 1855; began work 1858; affiliated with U. of Chicago 1915. Institutes assoc. with the sem.: Ger., est. 1882; Dan. Norw., founded 1884; Swed., begun 1885, all reorganized as institutes 1893.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission