Mems. of an order of secular priests named after the parish of St. Sulpice in Faubourg St. Germain, near Paris, Fr., with which the community became assoc. 1642 soon after it was founded; purpose: to prepare young men for the priesthood. Administer the Theol. Coll. at The Cath. U. of Am., Washington, D. C. See also Olier, Jean Jacques; Roman Catholic Church, The, E 4.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online