(Ev. Soc. of Geneva). Founded 1831 as a cen. of orthodoxy over against rationalism; est. a theol. school at Geneva, Switz., which stressed Bible-centered instruction; conducted SS., Bible study, revival hrs., served Fr. prisoners of war in Germany; active also in France and It.; emphasized colportage. See also Gaussen, François Samuel Robert Louis; Merle d'Aubigné, Jean Henri.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission