19th c. school of philos. and theol. developed at the Theol. Sem. of the Ger. Ref. Ch., Mercersburg, Pennsylvania; leaders included P. Schaff* and J. W. Nevin*; tried to revivify Calvinistic doctrine by emphasizing the Christocentric idea. See also United Church of Christ, II A 2.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission