School for training laymen for ch. work; est. 1961 on the campus of Conc. Coll., Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The 1950 and 1953 LCMS convs. resolved to develop the training of laymen for ch. work. A planning commission was authorized 1956. This commission developed gen. objectives of an institute. Those who completed the program were to be well grounded in the Christian faith; possess a working knowledge of the Bible; be trained in teaching, witnessing, group work, family services, ch. administration, and miss. services. Establishment of the institute was authorized 1959. MAH
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online