The Indiana Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. was organized October 23, 1871, at East Germantown, Indiana, by men formerly belonging to the Union* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. and the Eng. Dist. of the Joint Ohio Syn. (see Ohio and Other States, Evangelical Lutheran Joint Synod of) who desired union with the Gener al* Council of the Ev. Luth. Ch. in (N) Am.; this Indiana Syn. joined the Gen. Council 1872. When the Ev. Luth. Syn. of Illinois* left the Gen. Council 1871, the Indiana Syn. branched out into Illinois Its interest centered in the Chicago Sem. est. 1891 by the Gen. Council; in 1895 it adopted the name Chicago* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. See also Chicago Lutheran Theological Seminary.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission