(N Illinois Syn.) (18511920). Organized September 18, 1851, at Cedarville, Illinois Joined The General* Syn. of The Ev. Luth. Ch. in the USA 1853. The Scands. withdrew 1860 and formed the Scand. Ev. &Luth. Augustana Syn. in N. Am. (see also Augustana Evangelical Lutheran Church, 8). In 1918 the Ev. Luth. Syn. of N Illinois helped form the ULC In June 1920 it merged with the Ev. Luth. Syn. of Cen. Illinois,* the Ev. Luth. Syn. of S Illinois,* and part of the Chicago* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. into the Illinois Syn. of the ULC (see United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 7). Membership at time of merger: 54 pastors, 60 congs., 6,575 communicants. HT See also Carthage College.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission