Organized October 26, 1830, in Schoharie, New York, by the W Conf. of the New York ministerium (see United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 15); joined General* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. in the USA 1831; merged 1908 with the Franckeau* Syn. and the New York and New Jersey Syn. into the Syn. of New York (see also United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 15). At the time of this merger the Hartwick Syn. numbered 36 chs., 4 stations, 5,443 communicants. See also Lintner, George Ames.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online