Formed 1922 by mems. of the United Ev. Ch. (see Evangelical Church, 1) who did not join in the 1922 reunion; first continued separate existence under their old name; adopted name Ev. Cong. Ch. 1928; Arminian; evangelistic; Methodistic in ch. govt.; ch. property owned by local congs.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission