Conc. Coll., Milwaukee, Wisconsin, began 1881 as a preparatory school; inc. as Conc. Coll. by 1886; came under Mo. Syn. control 1887; by 1891 became a 6-yr. school like the Ger. Gymnasium (secondary school preparing for the univ.); divided into 4-yr. high school and 2-yr. coll. 1920; last high-school class grad. 1973; 4-yr. coll. authorized 1978, accredited 1980; moved to Mequon, Wisconsin, and changed name to Conc. Coll. Wisconsin 1983; became Conc. U. Wisconsin 1989. See also Concordia University System; Lutheran Lay Training Institute.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online