Beloit, Iowa. Began 1874 at Springfield, near Decorah, Iowa, in a parsonage of The Norwegian*-Dan. Augustana Syn. in Am.; moved 1876 to Marshall, Wisconsin, and operated in conjunction with Marshall Academy (est. there 1869 by the Scand. Ev. Luth. Augustana Syn. of [or in] N. Am.; see Augustana Evangelical Lutheran Church, 8); name Augustana Sem. adopted 1878; moved 1881 to Beloit, Iowa, across the state line from Canton, South Dakota (the academy, known as Augustana Coll., moved to Canton; helped form Augustana Coll., Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 1917); merged 1890 with parts of Augsburg* Theol. Sem. and with the sem. of the Anti*-Missouri Brotherhood at St. Olaf Coll., Northfield, Minnesota, to form Luther Sem. (Norw.), St. Anthony Park, St. Paul, Minnesota (see Luther Theological Seminary, 4).
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission