Founded 1810 at Bradford, Massachusetts, by the Gen. Assoc. of Cong. Chs. of Massachusetts First missionaries included G. Hall,* A. Judson,* S. Newell,* S. Nott,* L. Rice.* The ABCFM served several other denominations, but after 1870 it represented practically only Cong. chs. In 1961 its work was taken over by the United* Ch. Bd. for World Ministries. See also Evangelicals, 5; Haystack Group.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission