Traces its beginning to 1919, when George Alexander McGuire, a Prot. Episc. rector, withdrew from the Protestant* Episc. Ch. to est. what he called Indep. Episc. chs.; name changed 1921 in NYC to Afr. Orthodox Ch.; McGuire assoc as chaplain with M. M. Garvey* Jr. in the Universal* Negro Improvement Association. Reflects High* Ch. Anglicanism.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission