Sem. of the Hauge* Syn. founded 1879 at Red Wing, Minnesota, as Hauge's Sem.; renamed 1883 Red Wing Norw. Ev. Luth. Sem. In 1917 the theol. dept. united with the United* Norw. Luth. Ch. in Am. sem. and Luther Theol. Sem. St. Paul, to form Luther* Theol. Sem., St. Anthony Park, St. Paul; the coll. dept. merged with St. Olaf Coll. (see Ministry, Education of, VIII B). An academy under the name Luther Sem. continued at Red Wing till consolidation with Saint Olaf Coll. 1932.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission