Organized October 22, 1867, Red Hook, New York, under leadership of H. N. Pohlman,* by 17 pastors and 10 congs. who seceded from the New York Ministerium 1866 in protest against its withdrawal from The General* Syn. of the Ev. Luth. Ch. in the USA; joined Gen. Syn. 1868; merged 1872 with the Ev. Luth. Syn. of New* Jersey. See also Synods, Extinct; United Lutheran Church in America, The, Synods of, 15.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online