- Now viewing the letter- N
About the Cyclopedia
National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America.
Formed 1950, Cleveland, Ohio, by merger of:
- Federal* Council of the Chs. of Christ in Am.
- For. Miss. Conf. of N. Am. (see Union Movements, 13).
- Home Miss. Council of N. Am. (see Union Movements, 13).
- The International* Council of Religious Educ.
- Miss. Educ. Movement of the US and Can. (see Union Movements, 13).
- Nat. Prot. Council on Higher Educ. (see Union Movements, 13).
- United Council of Ch. Women (see Union Movements, 13).
- United Stewardship Council (see Union Movements, 13).
Others joining later include:
- Church* World Service.
- Interseminary Committee (founded 1880). See also Student Volunteer Movement, 4.
- Prot. Film Commission (founded 1947).
- Prot. Radio Commission (est. 1947).
- Student* Volunteer Movement.
- United Student Christian Council (see Young People's Organizations, Christian, I, 6).
The NCC supports the ecumenical* movement and is known for radio, TV, and other mass media work. EL
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission