Organized at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June 7, 1882, by 14 pastors, 6 lay delegates, and 1 teacher; these had withdrawn from the Ev. Luth. Joint Syn. of Ohio* and Other States after it left the Ev. Luth. Synodical* Conf. of N. Am. 1881 in the controversy on election and conversion. P. Brand* of Pittsburgh was made pres. and The Lutheran Witness and Der Lutheraner the organs. The syn. became a mem. of the Syn. Conf. October 1882; in 1886 it resolved to disband and unite with the Mo. Syn. (see Lutheran ChurchMissouri Synod, The).
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission