Organized 1906, as a private body called Group Brotherhood, by Anglicals who opposed what they held to be unduly conservative theol. and welcomed the aid of science and criticism. Changed name and became a pub. body 1923. Ceased to exist 1967. See also Evangelicals, 4; Liberal Evangelicalism.
Edited by: Erwin L. Lueker, Luther Poellot, Paul Jackson
©Concordia Publishing House, 2000, All rights Reserved. Reproduced with Permission
Internet Version Produced by
The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod
Original Editions ©Copyright 1954, 1975, 2000
Concordia Publishing House
All rights reserved.
Content Reproduced with Permission
|Contact Us Online|
(Church Info Center)
|1333 S Kirkwood Rd |
Saint Louis, MO 63122-7226 | Directions
The Lutheran Witness
Interpreting the contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Visit TLW Online